Dan Meinholz started competitive swimming at the age of 5 and has been in the water ever since. By the end of his high school swimming career, Dan achieved #1 National Age Group rankings in the 100m and 200m backstroke. He was also a High School National Record Holder, High School All-American, and USA Swimming Jr. National Champion.
Upon graduating high school, Dan attended the University of Wisconsin on a full swimming scholarship, where he met his wife Amy, a Big 10 Conference Swimming Champion. Dan’s swimming career was cut short due to injury but he continued his passion for swimming by coaching college, high school and club.
In 1995, Dan and Amy founded All-American Aquatics, a nationally-recognized swim team dealer.
Upon seeing the direction of the industry he loved being a part of, Dan chose to begin developing some of his own products. Traveling worldwide and developing a great network of materials and production partners, in 2004 Dan founded A3 Performance. Today A3 Performance is renowned for innovation, quality, and service.
A3 Performance is the innovation leader in competitive swimming developing first-ever technologies including:
- A closedback female technical racing suit (post-full bodysuit era) – Stealth
- A powerback compression and performance back style for female technical racing suits – Legend
- The fastest racing suit of any major brand sold in the United States, test at the U.S. Olympic Training Center by Dr. Genadijus Sokolovas – Legend 2017, VICI 2019
- Interactive performance and recovery fabric designed for aquatic sports – BODIMAX Technology
- FINA Approved, male swimwear fastening device – FitLock
...and the innovation continues.
A3 Performance continues to excel as the innovation leader in swimming and the fastest-growing brand of performance swimwear in the world with Dan at the forefront of A3’s innovation and product development.
In 2014, Dan started traveling more out to teams to share the mission of A3 Performance as well as his personal story and message. Today, Dan continues to share his message with groups across the country as a motivational speaker.
Dan works with his two daughters, Elle, who directs A3 Performance’s marketing efforts and Anna who oversees business development.
Are you interested in having Dan come and speak to your team?